Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We'll Make It Through

A year ago today I made sure all things were packed into my car and a u-haul and began a journey which is far from over.

As I pulled out of the drive way in Spartanburg, SC my brother motioned with his fist to his chin, which was a sign we had made in Jamaica that no matter what happened we'd deal with it, we'd make it through. We'd be tough about the situation.
I put my sunglasses on to hide the fact tears were filling my eyes, and turned up the complete Stretch Arm Strong discography I had bought to keep me company for several hours.
I miss him more than anyone else.

Three lonely weeks kept company by Seinfeld and a flaky friend later Lauranne was sent by God to be my friend and to introduce me to the Status community.

This year has shown me so much about who I am, who God is, what life is about, and what learning about life is about.

I couldn't be more thankful for the friends and family who have stayed true, the friends who have become true and in that become family and the God who is Truth.

I love you all dearly.

No comments: